The sale of a home can be a stressful time, or it can be exciting. Here are some points to think about when considering selling your home. Have you thought about questions you want to?
2016 NAR Convention In Orlando Area
This is a bit dated, but here goes:
After 13+ years of being an Oviedo Realtor, I finally decided to head to my first Realtor conference. It didn’t hurt that it was in my back yard, however, I’m surprised I haven’t gone to others. First off, this thing is HUGE. I easily lost count of all the booths in less than the first minute I was there. As REO goes, there really were only a few booths (Equator, XOME, and some E&O providers). Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were there. Did you know that you can use the Fannie Mae endorsed “Home Ready” mortgage on any home, not just a Homepath home? I didn’t until I stopped and spoke to the Fannie Mae booth. That loan product saves the home buyer tens of thousands of dollars from an FHA loan. You should check it out as you can also use the “Homestyles” version for homes in need of serious repair.
Here are just a few notes I gathered the very short time I was there:
1. NAR’s Lawrence Yun states young first time buyers will drive 2017.
2. 82% of GenZ say owning a home is the most important factor in American Dream.
3. 97% of GenZ believe they will own a home in the near future. (hello ad targeting)
4. 53% of GenZ will give up social media for 12 months if it let them buy a home.
5. Millennials are aware the difference between “Realtor” and “real estate agent”.
6. More than ever, Single Women are purchasing homes.
7. The median age of repeat homebuyers is 52. (again with targeting advertising)
8. DISTRESSED HOME SALES ARE ONLY 4%, was once as high as 50%.
9. Yun also states that the chances of a recession currently sits at 10% but rising.
10. Yun also states that price increases are expected for 2017. (yeah buddy, keep them going up, we all know what happens after)
Those are just some bullet points I jotted down while walking the expo. Other items I see is that Intuit (Quickbooks Self Employed and Turbotax) is now giving Realtors a free trial for 30 days and then $5 a month! For more information, text “NAR” to 24587.
There are quite a few “all in one” website suites for agents and brokers such as Placester, iNCOM, Chime, and several others. However, for the best bang for your buck, nothing compares to Kunversion for brokers, agents, and lenders.
Did you know that we Realtors have a Federal Credit Union? I didn’t until now. They will give you $100.00 if you refinance your car with them. They also promise Escrow Accounts, personal AND business credit cards, as well as normal and business checking and savings.
Lastly, I was given a FREE Amazon Fire tablet for signing up with Circlepix. It’s a 30 day trial then $50 a month for doing something that I use another company for (Listings2leads) but have been contemplating on whether or not to keep them. So, I will do the free month and see how they compare.
There are SO many things that I didn’t get a chance to see. Next time I think I’m going to spend more than just a couple of hours so I can gather much more information. I really wanted to see if there were any platforms or companies that really dive in and help the independent brokerages, such as mine. If you’re looking buy or sell Oviedo Real Estate or looking for your Oviedo Home Value, head over to my website and give us a call, text, or email. We also give New Construction Rebates for almost every Florida new construction home.
A lifelong native of the Central Florida area, Jesse Smith is knowledgeable about the many facets of Central Florida real estate, and can help you navigate your way through the buying/selling process ....